My first What I’m Loving Giveaway was a success! Congrats to the winner on her new Aerin Rose Lip Conditioner and Jo Malone Vitamin E Lip Conditioner. Stay tuned for my next giveaway and your chance to win, announced here on my blog and on my Instagram.
Nude lip colors have become a staple in every makeup wardrobe. Pinky and peachy beige versions look alluring on all skin tones. If you haven’t yet experimented with this sultry shade, now’s the time! The look is sexy, yet understated. When using liner, I prefer to apply the lip color first and then pencil in the liner after – a trusty trick I learned from several celebrity makeup artists. Here are five hitmakers…
- L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire in Nude Ballet ($7.99): The perfect pinky-beige with a smooth texture that feels ultra luxe and has a lovely scent. Definitely department store worthy (but at a downright delightful price!)
- Tarte Quench Lip Rescue in Nude ($19): Deeply moisturizing and leaves the loveliest of sheens, all wrapped up in a charming seashell designed tube.
- Dolce & Gabbana Miss Sicily Lipstick in Anna ($36): A light and dewy pinky beige, this one’s a triple threat: the wear of a lipstick combined with the soothing qualities of a balm and shine of a gloss.
- Nude Envie Lipstick in Mesmerize ($30): This is a new elevated collection of seven nude lip colors. Mesmerize is universally flattering (feel free to experiment with the six other shades), and how sleek is the silver bullet packaging?!
- Maybelline Color Sensational Color Elixir Creamy Lip Lacquer in Nude Illusion ($8.99): Another super luxurious formula that smells dreamy and could be right at home in the department store (but you’ll find this wonder at the drug store).
With those long, leisurely, sunshine-y days officially here, time to load up on the SPF. Of course, sunscreen is a year-round necessity and now more than ever (don’t forget behind the ears, tops of the hands and feet too!). I stick with the more natural brands and they’ve all been successfully road-tested by our family. I have fair skin and not a sunburn in sight! Here are my top picks…
- Alba Botanica Kids Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 ($7.15 at Walmart): Sinks right into skin, loaded with Zinc Oxide, fragrance-free, and an ultra reasonable price point.
- Sunforgettable Brush-On Sunscreen SPF 50 ($64): This clever application is a slam dunk, especially after makeup – simply dust it on. I keep one in my purse and another in the car for protection touchups all throughout the day, including on the tops of my hands while driving. Gluten and fragrance-free, it has 24% Zinc Oxide and a higher price point but it works and lasts a long time. In other words, worth the splurge!
- Raw Elements Eco Formula 30 + Lotion Tin ($18.99): Ultra water-resistant, doesn’t sting eyes (a must with the kiddos), and packed with antioxidants and vitamins. This wonder screen also glides on without leaving a sticky residue or white splotches.
- Soleil TouJours Mineral Based Sunscreen Continuous Mist Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($36): Mist on the all-out luxury with this hypoallergenic, vegan and gluten-free protection including Zinc Oxide and an array of moisturizing/anti-aging delights like Green Tea Leaf extracts and Vitamins E and C. Also comes in SPF 50.
- Manda Organic Sun Paste SPF 50 ($28): The star ingredient is Thanaka, which is ground tree bark from Myanmar in Southeast Asia, and has been reportedly used for 2000 years as a natural alternative to sun protection. It smells like cocoa butter, and just like the name says, this stuff is a thick paste so it doesn’t rub off easily. I use it on the nose, cheeks and under eyes since those are sensitive areas that are prone to burn – another winner for the kids too. You’ll notice it leaves a very light beige residue but I personally like it — looks cool!
As those warm-weather days begin to roll in, kick your look into high gear with these dreamy must-haves…
- Mossimo Slides ($27.99): These babies scream summer fun. And they’ll jazz up any look. They look fancy boutique pricey too, but they’re under $30. Win-win!
- Mer Sea Coconut and Seawater Mist ($32): I’m in love with this entire line of candles, bath and body products and luxurious wraps. A few sprays of this goodness on the face and body is the perfect anytime pick-me-up.
- Coolibar Packable Hat ($48): I’ve had this kick-butt hat for five years now and it still looks new. It’s a total triple threat – super comfy, stylish and you can crush the heck out of it (have packed it for dozens of trips), yet it doesn’t lose its shape.
- Sunnylife Pineapple Sipper ($14): Summer sips taste even better in this playful pineapple. Kids love it too!
- Neutrogena Pure and Free Baby Sunscreen ($11.99): Don’t be hindered by “Baby” on the label; everyone in our family uses it. The main ingredient is Zinc, a mineral sunscreen (rather than chemical ones).
- Aerie Fringe Tote Bag ($24.46): How cute is this fringed tote?! Big time score. They’re on sale too, so grab one while you can.
Do you love scents and fragrances? I do, and in a really big way. Fragrance is definitely a thing for me. And I never tire of discovering new ones, especially when they’re off the beaten path, a bit more rare, and ultra special. Here are five that always cast a spell (in other words, prepare for endless compliments)…
- Milk by K. Hall Designs: An intoxicating mix of cream, vanilla and coconut. What more can I say!?
- Island Vanilla by Pacifica: Who doesn’t appreciate a vanilla fragrance? This one kicks it up a few major notches with nuances of fruits, tea and honey-jasmine – a delightful spin on a classic.
- Georges et Moi by Sabe Masson: A mesmerizing floral-woody scent with bergamot, rose and vetiver from a perfumery in France. You’ll fall in love with the portable design… it looks like a lip balm and is made with natural, skin moisturizing ingredients like mango butter. Easily dab some on; especially ideal when you’re on the go. (The link I included takes you to the French based company website. The U.S. price is around $25).
- Relax by Lollia: This soft, magical blend of lavender and honey is irresistible.
- One Evening by Bamford: Unisex fragrances are hotter than ever and this one’s a slam dunk with notes of vetiver, cedar and amberwood, from the UK based body, skincare and clothing company. (It’s referred to as a body splash but I can attest… it has great staying power).
A year-round staple for soft, supple lips, these balms (aka conditioners) are all 5-star. Time to pucker up!
Recently I was featured in an entertaining segment on the popular daytime show, The Doctors where I shared how to have a fun, active day at the beach. If you missed it, click HERE.
Part of any beach day or simply just spending time outdoors includes loading up on sunscreen (and reapplying every 80 minutes of course). We also know that our skin can get burned even when it’s cloudy or overcast outside, so I pretty much wear sunscreen year round, minus a few pouring rain days. Following are a few of my tried and tested, all time favorites. They sink right in, have anti-aging ingredients, don’t leave any white residue, have never left me with bumps or breakouts, and even more exciting, they all help your skin look incredibly smooth and youthful…
Just discovered this and I’m a huge fan because it lives up to its name. It’s an ultra light, non-chemical cream with SPF 30. It’s also packed with antioxidants that protect the skin from free radicals (those things that age us). My skin instantly looks extra smooth and glowing thanks to one of the ingredients – diamond powder, which blurs lines and imperfections. And, it can be applied under or over makeup.
I’ve been using Kate’s products for years and am always happy with the results. This oil-free formula is a triple threat – it hydrates, has SPF 50+ sun protection and is filled with coveted anti-aging benefits. A couple of the fancy ingredients include: Matrixyl™ 3000 which reportedly helps reduce the visible depth and volume of wrinkles on the face and Shitake Mushroom, a skin tightener that helps improve the look of sagging skin. It’s said to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and I can tell you that it definitely does.
SkinCeuticals has been a major part of my beauty arsenal for years. I’m very loyal to their serums and have posted about them in the past – click HERE. This baby is super lightweight, contains beneficial plankton extracts and added plus, it’s water-resistant. The sheer tint also boosts your skin tone for a soft, alluring glow.
Here’s to smooth, ageless and protected skin!
Hiya! I’ll post about all of the sublime products I shared in my segment for The Doctors TV show later today. Please check back in for all of the must have details, and thanks for watching! If you haven’t yet subscribed to my blog, www.WhatImLoving.com, now’s the time! Just enter your email address in the Subscribe box and click Sign Up Now. There’s much more of What I’m Loving to come! Click HERE to see the segment!