A few of my picks guaranteed to tickle the fancy of anyone on your list. Most are unisex too! More importantly, I’d like to express my deep gratitude and appreciation for your support. Wishing you a memorable holiday filled with lots of adventures and beautiful memory-making. Happy Shopping! …
Nude lip colors have become a staple in every makeup wardrobe. Pinky and peachy beige versions look alluring on all skin tones. If you haven’t yet experimented with this sultry shade, now’s the time! The look is sexy, yet understated. When using liner, I prefer to apply the lip color first and then pencil in the liner after – a trusty trick I learned from several celebrity makeup artists. Here are five hitmakers…
- L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire in Nude Ballet ($7.99): The perfect pinky-beige with a smooth texture that feels ultra luxe and has a lovely scent. Definitely department store worthy (but at a downright delightful price!)
- Tarte Quench Lip Rescue in Nude ($19): Deeply moisturizing and leaves the loveliest of sheens, all wrapped up in a charming seashell designed tube.
- Dolce & Gabbana Miss Sicily Lipstick in Anna ($36): A light and dewy pinky beige, this one’s a triple threat: the wear of a lipstick combined with the soothing qualities of a balm and shine of a gloss.
- Nude Envie Lipstick in Mesmerize ($30): This is a new elevated collection of seven nude lip colors. Mesmerize is universally flattering (feel free to experiment with the six other shades), and how sleek is the silver bullet packaging?!
- Maybelline Color Sensational Color Elixir Creamy Lip Lacquer in Nude Illusion ($8.99): Another super luxurious formula that smells dreamy and could be right at home in the department store (but you’ll find this wonder at the drug store).
With those long, leisurely, sunshine-y days officially here, time to load up on the SPF. Of course, sunscreen is a year-round necessity and now more than ever (don’t forget behind the ears, tops of the hands and feet too!). I stick with the more natural brands and they’ve all been successfully road-tested by our family. I have fair skin and not a sunburn in sight! Here are my top picks…
- Alba Botanica Kids Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 ($7.15 at Walmart): Sinks right into skin, loaded with Zinc Oxide, fragrance-free, and an ultra reasonable price point.
- Sunforgettable Brush-On Sunscreen SPF 50 ($64): This clever application is a slam dunk, especially after makeup – simply dust it on. I keep one in my purse and another in the car for protection touchups all throughout the day, including on the tops of my hands while driving. Gluten and fragrance-free, it has 24% Zinc Oxide and a higher price point but it works and lasts a long time. In other words, worth the splurge!
- Raw Elements Eco Formula 30 + Lotion Tin ($18.99): Ultra water-resistant, doesn’t sting eyes (a must with the kiddos), and packed with antioxidants and vitamins. This wonder screen also glides on without leaving a sticky residue or white splotches.
- Soleil TouJours Mineral Based Sunscreen Continuous Mist Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($36): Mist on the all-out luxury with this hypoallergenic, vegan and gluten-free protection including Zinc Oxide and an array of moisturizing/anti-aging delights like Green Tea Leaf extracts and Vitamins E and C. Also comes in SPF 50.
- Manda Organic Sun Paste SPF 50 ($28): The star ingredient is Thanaka, which is ground tree bark from Myanmar in Southeast Asia, and has been reportedly used for 2000 years as a natural alternative to sun protection. It smells like cocoa butter, and just like the name says, this stuff is a thick paste so it doesn’t rub off easily. I use it on the nose, cheeks and under eyes since those are sensitive areas that are prone to burn – another winner for the kids too. You’ll notice it leaves a very light beige residue but I personally like it — looks cool!
Maintaining silky soft skin year-round can be a battle, but these creams make it a breeze. And, half of them are priced around $10 or less…
- Lubriderm Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 ($5.99): I keep a bottle (it has sunscreen!) close to the front door for everyone in the family; the pump makes it easy to quickly apply before heading outdoors.
- Burt’s Bees Ultimate Care Body Lotion ($10): When skin feels extra dry, this is my go-to.
- Lather Mangosteen Green Tea Moisturizer ($18): Light texture, lovely scent, and gets rid of pesky rough patches.
- Aerin Rose Hand & Body Cream ($40): Sinks right in with an alluring subtle rose scent, and a tube this pretty is meant to be out on the countertop.
- Yes To Coconut Ultra Light Spray Body Lotion ($9.99): Fun to apply (kids love spritzing it), and you can feel good about the ingredients.
As those warm-weather days begin to roll in, kick your look into high gear with these dreamy must-haves…
- Mossimo Slides ($27.99): These babies scream summer fun. And they’ll jazz up any look. They look fancy boutique pricey too, but they’re under $30. Win-win!
- Mer Sea Coconut and Seawater Mist ($32): I’m in love with this entire line of candles, bath and body products and luxurious wraps. A few sprays of this goodness on the face and body is the perfect anytime pick-me-up.
- Coolibar Packable Hat ($48): I’ve had this kick-butt hat for five years now and it still looks new. It’s a total triple threat – super comfy, stylish and you can crush the heck out of it (have packed it for dozens of trips), yet it doesn’t lose its shape.
- Sunnylife Pineapple Sipper ($14): Summer sips taste even better in this playful pineapple. Kids love it too!
- Neutrogena Pure and Free Baby Sunscreen ($11.99): Don’t be hindered by “Baby” on the label; everyone in our family uses it. The main ingredient is Zinc, a mineral sunscreen (rather than chemical ones).
- Aerie Fringe Tote Bag ($24.46): How cute is this fringed tote?! Big time score. They’re on sale too, so grab one while you can.