Recently I was featured in an entertaining segment on the popular daytime show, The Doctors where I shared how to have a fun, active day at the beach. If you missed it, click HERE.
Part of any beach day or simply just spending time outdoors includes loading up on sunscreen (and reapplying every 80 minutes of course). We also know that our skin can get burned even when it’s cloudy or overcast outside, so I pretty much wear sunscreen year round, minus a few pouring rain days. Following are a few of my tried and tested, all time favorites. They sink right in, have anti-aging ingredients, don’t leave any white residue, have never left me with bumps or breakouts, and even more exciting, they all help your skin look incredibly smooth and youthful…
Just discovered this and I’m a huge fan because it lives up to its name. It’s an ultra light, non-chemical cream with SPF 30. It’s also packed with antioxidants that protect the skin from free radicals (those things that age us). My skin instantly looks extra smooth and glowing thanks to one of the ingredients – diamond powder, which blurs lines and imperfections. And, it can be applied under or over makeup.
I’ve been using Kate’s products for years and am always happy with the results. This oil-free formula is a triple threat – it hydrates, has SPF 50+ sun protection and is filled with coveted anti-aging benefits. A couple of the fancy ingredients include: Matrixyl™ 3000 which reportedly helps reduce the visible depth and volume of wrinkles on the face and Shitake Mushroom, a skin tightener that helps improve the look of sagging skin. It’s said to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and I can tell you that it definitely does.
SkinCeuticals has been a major part of my beauty arsenal for years. I’m very loyal to their serums and have posted about them in the past – click HERE. This baby is super lightweight, contains beneficial plankton extracts and added plus, it’s water-resistant. The sheer tint also boosts your skin tone for a soft, alluring glow.
Here’s to smooth, ageless and protected skin!
Many friends and WhatImLoving.com devotees have been asking me to share my skin care regime so I’m spilling the beans here and revealing my most trusted products. Ever since my pre-teen years I’ve always been mindful of taking really good care of my skin (I thank my mom for instilling that in me!). Other than what we already know and have heard countless times before: drink lots of water, wear sunscreen everyday, don’t soak up too much sun, and get a lot of sleep, I’ve stuck to a solid beauty routine of products I truly believe in. Here is my Dream Team which comes down to four lines – Annmarie Gianni (this makes up the majority of my routine), SkinCeuticals, Revision, and Erno Laszlo:
1) Annmarie Gianni Aloe Herb Cleanser – I can’t tell you how much I love Annmarie Gianni’s skin care products. They’re completely natural, they smell clean and delicious, the prices are fair, and bottom line, they work! The products are also housed in glass containers which is best for safe preservation of these precious fluids. The creamy Aloe Herb Cleanser is for all skin types, it washes off easily and leaves my skin feeling soft and dewy. A few times a week I also use Annmarie Gianni’s other cleanser, Citrus Mint for oily and acne prone skin – I tend to get a little oily around my nose and chin and this stuff does the trick. I never need to use another cleanser again – these two are it for me!
2) SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF – This anti-aging serum has been part of my arsenal for the last five years and I swear by it. I use it religiously every morning right after washing my face. It’s pricy but a little goes a long way and I believe this is a very effective serum. I’m not a scientist or doctor; I just know what works really, really well for my skin. So, go ahead and read about the science behind this stuff here. It melts right in and fine lines seem to disappear.
3) Revision Moisturizing Anti-Aging Sunscreen – I love me a three-in-one beauty product and Intellishade Matte by Revision is the holy grail – an anti-aging tinted moisturizer with sunscreen (SPF 45). I was never into tinted moisturizer until I discovered this stuff. It goes on smooth, sinks right in, never feels tacky, and helps my skin look flawless. It’s a lifesaver when you want to go makeup-less or just don’t have time in the morning for anything more than a slathering.
2) Annmarie Gianni Herbal Oil – Pure oil for your skin? Yup! Greasy? Not at all! I use the Herbal Oil for oily/acne prone skin every night, especially all over my forehead and dab it around my nose and chin. Before using this magic elixir I used to get bumps all over my forehead and they’d never seem to completely go away. After a few days of using it those bumps have never returned. Annmarie makes an Herbal Oil for normal/combination skin too, which I use here and there, especially when my skin feels dry. So to boil it down, I’ll use the Herbal Oil for oily skin on my forehead, chin and nose and the Herbal Oil for Normal and Combination Skin where my skin tends to feel dry (cheeks) and other areas that need a little extra moisture (neck and chest).
3) Annmarie Gianni Anti Aging Oil – I add this oil into the mix since it’s got the extra oomph of anti-aging. Mostly I use it around my eyes, forehead and lips. Love it.
1) Annmarie Gianni Dead Sea Scrub – Two to three times a week I use this ultra fine scrub after the cleanser and it works like a charm. You’ll see the results right away – smooth, baby soft skin.
2) Erno Laszlo Transphuse Age-Defying Mask – This one immediately had me at Age-Defying! I spread it all over my face and neck and keep it on for 15-20 minutes. It’s very creamy and feels like a moisturizer. Sometimes I even leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning. It leaves my skin looking smooth and line-free. Yes, it’s on the pricier side but I think it’s well worth the splurge considering it lasts awhile and I can see visible results after using it.
And, there you have it! Everyone’s skin is different of course. I’m simply laying out what really and truly works for me. It’s a pretty quick and simple regime too. Once you dive in, I’d love to hear your feedback. Cheers to gorgeous, glowing, healthy, covet-worthy skin!
Obtaining a clear, flawless face is high on the most wanted list. Seems we’re always on the quest for that miracle potion. At least I am, and have been for years. On that note, I’ve been asked to share which beauty products I use because (not to boast) I’m often told that I have nice skin. As we know, part of it is staying out of the sun. Another part is wearing a solid sunscreen while under the sun. And of course we can’t forget genes. Aside from all of this, I do believe in that one great product. And, a really effective serum I’ve been loyal to forever and use religiously is… SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF. It’s a combination of Phloretin, Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid that works on “conquering damage at every level of the skin.” They had me at “conquering damage” by the way! This serum is for normal, oily or combination skin and is quite the triple threat – it’s reportedly a very powerful antioxidant, helps prevent sun damage and “correct existing damage from the inside out.” I use it in the morning after washing my face then let it sink in for a minute before loading up on the SPF 30. The company reports skin will look “more youthful, firm and radiant.” Sign me up, right!? After years of using this serum I can honestly say it’s true. And SkinCeuticals offers many other products that address different skin types and conditions including dry, rosacea, acne and sensitive. The C E Ferulic is another winner. Phloretin CF is my miracle potion because it works for me. I hope it (or one of their other serums) works for you too.
Over the last year I’ve become quite the green tea connoisseur. Tea has always been my preference over coffee, but Earl Grey was my go to. I still love my Earl and the alluring oil of Bergamot aroma that wafts from the cup. I’ve dabbled with the green variety for years because it’s touted as such a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants are said to help prevent aging and chronic diseases. Now, who doesn’t want to down a cup full of that? It’s just that every variety of green I sampled tasted really bland, and I couldn’t get past a few sips before tossing it. Everything changed when I discovered Rishi Matcha Super Green. Matcha is said to be loaded with more antioxidants (i.e. anti-aging, anti-aging, anti-aging) than pomegranates or blueberries. Pure matcha comes in the form of a powder (the leaves are finely ground). Mighty Leaf also offers nice varieties of matcha tea and they even have a trusty how-to video on the preparation of matcha. The Matcha Super Green by Rishi is a blend of both matcha powder and sencha tea leaves. I simply place a tablespoon full into my strainer, pour on some hot water and let the green goodness fill up the mug. I love the taste – it’s definitely mellow, earthy and, well, green. Matcha is also said to be an energy booster, which I can definitely attest to and it’s reportedly helpful in burning calories. Let us review shall we: matcha is anti-aging, energy-boosting, calorie-burning and tasty – basically there’s really no good reason not to be drinking this stuff!