Nude lip colors have become a staple in every makeup wardrobe. Pinky and peachy beige versions look alluring on all skin tones. If you haven’t yet experimented with this sultry shade, now’s the time! The look is sexy, yet understated. When using liner, I prefer to apply the lip color first and then pencil in the liner after – a trusty trick I learned from several celebrity makeup artists. Here are five hitmakers…
- L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire in Nude Ballet ($7.99): The perfect pinky-beige with a smooth texture that feels ultra luxe and has a lovely scent. Definitely department store worthy (but at a downright delightful price!)
- Tarte Quench Lip Rescue in Nude ($19): Deeply moisturizing and leaves the loveliest of sheens, all wrapped up in a charming seashell designed tube.
- Dolce & Gabbana Miss Sicily Lipstick in Anna ($36): A light and dewy pinky beige, this one’s a triple threat: the wear of a lipstick combined with the soothing qualities of a balm and shine of a gloss.
- Nude Envie Lipstick in Mesmerize ($30): This is a new elevated collection of seven nude lip colors. Mesmerize is universally flattering (feel free to experiment with the six other shades), and how sleek is the silver bullet packaging?!
- Maybelline Color Sensational Color Elixir Creamy Lip Lacquer in Nude Illusion ($8.99): Another super luxurious formula that smells dreamy and could be right at home in the department store (but you’ll find this wonder at the drug store).